Smith guides Louisville over DePaulFeb 17, 2013 - 9:39 PM Louisville, KY (Sports Network) - Bria Smith had 21 points and seven rebounds as No. 10 Louisville took an 81-55 win over DePaul on Sunday.
Sara Hammond had a double-double with 17 points and 13 rebounds while Sheronne Vails scored 10 points for the Cardinals (21-5, 9-3 Big East), who were coming off a 29-point loss to Notre Dame on Monday.
Chanise Jenkins scored 16 points with eight rebounds while Megan Podkowa added 14 points and eight boards for the Blue Demons (18-8, 7-5), who have lost three of their last five.
A 10-2 run to start the game gave Louisville a lead it never lost as the team led from just over three minutes in through the rest of the game.
DePaul cut its deficit to six at the break as the Cardinals took a 29-23 lead into the locker room, but a 10-3 run to start the second half again pushed the lead to double-digits and it never fell below nine the rest of the way.
- DEPAUL: 55
Feb 17 3:27 PM
- DEPAUL: 23
Feb 17 2:18 PM
- DEPAUL: 0
1st Half - 20:00
Feb 17 1:33 PM
- Oregon State women first Elite 8 after 83-71 win over DePaul Mar 26
- DePaul-Oregon St. Preview Mar 25
- Oregon State women go from shambles to Sweet 16 vs. DePaul Mar 25
- DePaul beats Louisville 73-72 behind January's 25 points Mar 21
- DePaul-Louisville Preview Mar 19
- Louisville and DePaul renew series for spot in Sweet 16 Mar 19
- Louisville tops Central Arkansas 87-60, Hines-Allen Mar 18
- DePaul makes 11 3-pointers, routs James Madison 97-67 Mar 18
- James Madison-DePaul Preview Mar 17
- Cent. Arkansas-Louisville Preview Mar 17
- NCAA games in Louisville match 4 teams on late-season rolls Mar 17
- Louisville coach writes to fans' bosses about skipping work Mar 16