Stanford stays hot by topping No. 15 UCLAFeb 17, 2013 - 11:07 PM Los Angeles, CA (Sports Network) - Chiney Ogwumike scored 26 points and fourth-ranked Stanford ran its win streak to 10 games with a 68-57 decision over No. 15 UCLA in a key Pac-12 clash from Pauley Pavilion.
Ogwumike added seven rebounds and four blocks while going 10-of-20 from the field for the Cardinal (24-2, 13-1), who haven't lost since a 67-55 setback to rival California on Jan. 13. Mikaela Ruef contributed 10 points and 10 boards to the victory.
UCLA (19-6, 10-4) held Stanford to 39.7 percent shooting and forced 15 turnovers, but committed 21 giveaways en route to a second straight setback. The Bruins were dealt a 79-51 defeat to No. 6 Cal on Friday.
Ogwumike netted 12 first-half points and the Cardinal took a 30-25 lead into the break following Bonnie Samuelson's trey in the final minute of the period, then began to pull away during the early stages of the second stanza.
A 9-1 run extended Stanford's advantage to 45-32 with 12 1/2 minutes left to play, and the margin swelled to 16 after a Sara James' three-pointer capped a 7-0 surge that made the score 52-36 at the 10-minute mark.
UCLA countered with eight straight points to pull to within eight, but could never get any closer.
- STANFORD: 68
Feb 17 5:30 PM
- STANFORD: 30
Feb 17 4:25 PM
- STANFORD: 0
1st Half - 20:00
Feb 17 3:38 PM
- Washington women beat Stanford 85-76 to reach Final Four Mar 27
- Texas comes from behind to beat UCLA 72-64 in Bridgeport Mar 26
- Washington-Stanford Preview Mar 26
- Lexington Regional women's final features Pac-12 showdown Mar 26
- Stanford stuns Notre Dame 90-84 in regional semifinal Mar 26
- UCLA-Texas Preview Mar 25
- UCLA and Texas play in Bridgeport's "other" semifinal Mar 25
- Stanford-Notre Dame Preview Mar 24
- Notre Dame, Stanford women facing off in Sweet 16 again Mar 24
- Thompson's 3-point play with 8.2 seconds left lifts Stanford Mar 22
- Jordin Canada leads UCLA into Sweet 16 Mar 22
- South Florida-UCLA Preview Mar 20