Thomas leads Maryland in a rout of VirginiaFeb 18, 2013 - 12:47 AM Charlottesville, VA (Sports Network) - Alyssa Thomas had game highs of 27 points and 13 rebounds, and No. 7 Maryland breezed through Virginia, 73-44, at John Paul Jones Arena.
Leading scorer Tianna Hawkins was limited to four points, but three Maryland players other than Thomas scored in double figures, as Alicia DeVaughn added 14, Malina Howard netted 12 and Katie Rutan chipped in 11 in the lopsided win.
The Terrapins (21-4, 12-2 ACC), winners of two straight since losing at Duke, shot 53 percent from the floor and led by double digits the entire second half after scoring the first 12 points after the break.
Virginia (15-10, 7-7) was held to one field goal over a nearly 14-minute span that lasted well into the second half. Ataira Franklin had 21 points in the Cavaliers' fourth loss in five games.
- MARYLAND: 73
Feb 17 6:49 PM
- MARYLAND: 37
Feb 17 5:42 PM
- MARYLAND: 0
1st Half - 20:00
Feb 17 5:01 PM
- Plum scores 32 as Washington stuns Maryland Mar 21
- Washington-Maryland Preview Mar 20
- Maryland, Washington: Opposites attract in 2nd round matchup Mar 20
- Maryland spoils Iona debut in NCAA Tournament with 74-58 win Mar 19
- Iona-Maryland Preview Mar 18
- In season of change, Maryland returns to NCAAs as No. 2 seed Mar 16
- No. 5 Maryland women top Northwestern 83-62 Mar 5
- No. 5 Maryland pulls away from Iowa 75-55 in Big Ten tourney Mar 4
- Chidom helps Duke women edge Virginia 57-53 Mar 3
- No. 6 Maryland beats Minnesota 110-77 to win Big Ten title Feb 28
- Senior Moseley gives No. 6 Maryland women lift off bench Feb 27
- Walker-Kimbrough leads No. 6 Maryland past Wisconsin, 83-77 Feb 25