Thomas, Maryland roll over Boston CollegeFeb 22, 2013 - 3:31 AM Chestnut Hill, MA (Sports Network) - Alyssa Thomas poured in 30 points and grabbed 12 rebounds and No. 8 Maryland warmed up for a pivotal ACC test this weekend with an 86-61 wire-to-wire victory over Boston College.
The Terrapins (22-4, 13-2 ACC) have won three in a row since losing to Duke, and they will host the fifth-ranked Blue Devils on Sunday.
Tianna Hawkins chipped in 15 points and four rebounds and became the third Maryland player to post 1,000 career boards. Malina Howard and Alicia DeVaughn added 11 and 10 points, respectively, in the rout.
Kristen Doherty paced Boston College (10-16, 4-11) with 18 points.
Maryland ended the first half on a 12-2 run to take a healthy 43-25 lead. Doherty and Nicole Boudreau were a combined 8-of-11 from the field, while the rest of the Eagles shot 1-for-17 in the opening 20 minutes.
The closest it got in the second half was 16, as Boston College fell to 1-5 in February without much of a fight.
- Plum scores 32 as Washington stuns Maryland Mar 21
- Washington-Maryland Preview Mar 20
- Maryland, Washington: Opposites attract in 2nd round matchup Mar 20
- Maryland spoils Iona debut in NCAA Tournament with 74-58 win Mar 19
- Iona-Maryland Preview Mar 18
- In season of change, Maryland returns to NCAAs as No. 2 seed Mar 16
- No. 5 Maryland women top Northwestern 83-62 Mar 5
- No. 5 Maryland pulls away from Iowa 75-55 in Big Ten tourney Mar 4
- NC State women beat Boston College 76-60 in ACC Tournament Mar 3
- BC beats Virginia Tech 49-37 in ACC women's tournament Mar 2
- No. 6 Maryland beats Minnesota 110-77 to win Big Ten title Feb 28
- No. 2 Notre Dame tops Boston College women 70-58 Feb 27