No. 3 Connecticut crushes Seton HallFeb 24, 2013 - 12:02 AM Storrs, CT (Sports Network) - Kaleena Mosqueda-Lewis and Kelly Faris each had 18 points as No. 3 Connecticut bounced back from its loss to top-ranked Baylor with a convincing 90-30 blowout over Seton Hall.
Not only did the duo lead all scorers, but each also reached the 1,000-point career scoring club in the victory. Huskies head coach Geno Auriemma picked up his 400th career Big East win as well.
Breanna Stewart added 16 points on 7-of-12 shooting to go along with eight rebounds for the Huskies (25-2, 12-1 Big East), who were coming off a home loss to the current No. 1 Bears on Monday.
Terry Green scored 12 points to lead Seton Hall (9-18, 4-10), which has lost 10 of its last 12 games overall and 29 straight in the series versus UConn.
The Huskies led 44-15 at the break and were never threatened in the second half.
- SETON HALL: 30
Feb 23 5:57 PM
- SETON HALL: 15
Feb 23 4:54 PM
- SETON HALL: 0
1st Half - 20:00
Feb 23 4:10 PM
- Obama honors UConn women for another national championship May 10
- Duke's Azura Stevens transfers to UConn Apr 30
- UConn coach Geno Auriemma released from the hospital Apr 19
- UConn coach Auriemma hospitalized with undisclosed illness Apr 17
- UConn star Morgan Tuck to enter WNBA draft Apr 6
- Returning UConn players say they're ready to take baton Apr 6
- UConn skips campus parade due to weather, will rally indoors Apr 6
- Four-Peat: UConn beats 'Cuse for 4th straight national title Apr 6
- Syracuse-UConn Preview Apr 4
- Tuck and Stewart lead UConn back to the title game Apr 3
- Oregon St.-UConn Preview Apr 2
- Oregon State and UConn take different paths to Final Four Apr 2