Diggins' triple-double fuels Notre Dame in rout of DePaulFeb 24, 2013 - 11:34 PM
Jewell Loyd finished with a game-high 19 points, Kayla McBride added 16 points, and Natalie Achonwa netted 14 points and grabbed eight boards for the Fighting Irish (25-1, 13-0 Big East), who have won 20 straight games.
Brittany Hrynko led DePaul (18-9, 7-6) with 15 points and Megan Rogowski followed with 14 points off the bench for the Blue Demons, who saw their 13- game home winning streak come to a close.
Notre Dame opened the contest on a 16-4 surge behind nine points from Diggins and the Fighting Irish led by double-digits from there until a Jasmine Penny layup brought the Blue Demons within 25-16 with 5:53 left in the half.
DePaul would get no closer, however, as Notre Dame closed the half on a 15-1 sprint to take a 40-17 cushion into the locker room.
The lead, which peaked at 35, never dipped below 22 in the second half as the Fighting Irish cruised to victory.
- NOTRE DAME: 84
Feb 24 5:26 PM
- NOTRE DAME: 40
Feb 24 4:18 PM
- NOTRE DAME: 0
1st Half - 20:00
Feb 24 3:39 PM
- Oregon State women first Elite 8 after 83-71 win over DePaul Mar 26
- Notre Dame run of Final 4 appearances comes to stunning end Mar 26
- Stanford stuns Notre Dame 90-84 in regional semifinal Mar 26
- DePaul-Oregon St. Preview Mar 25
- Oregon State women go from shambles to Sweet 16 vs. DePaul Mar 25
- Stanford-Notre Dame Preview Mar 24
- Notre Dame, Stanford women facing off in Sweet 16 again Mar 24
- Notre Dame more diverse scoring team than in past years Mar 24
- Allen scores 22, leads Notre Dame to 87-70 win over Indiana Mar 21
- DePaul beats Louisville 73-72 behind January's 25 points Mar 21
- Indiana-Notre Dame Preview Mar 20
- Indiana looks to knock off in-state rival Notre Dame Mar 20