No. 3 Huskies blow out PittFeb 27, 2013 - 3:06 AM Hartford, CT (Sports Network) - Kaleena Mosqueda-Lewis totaled 19 points with 13 rebounds and third-ranked Connecticut rolled over Pittsburgh, 76-36, on Tuesday.
Breanna Stewart had 15 points and nine boards off the bench, while Stefanie Dolson scored 14 points and Kelly Faris had 11 for the Huskies (26-2, 13-1 Big East), who have won their last two games by a combined 100 points since falling to top-ranked Baylor.
Pittsburgh (9-18, 0-14) shot just 26.4 percent and has not won a game since Jan. 2, prior to when league play began. Brianna Kiesel scored 11 points on 4- of-22 shooting and Asia Logan added 10 in the Panthers' 14th straight defeat.
The Huskies held Pittsburgh without a basket over the final nine-plus minutes of the first half, scoring 20 unanswered points to take a 37-13 lead into halftime before cruising to victory from there.
- PITTSBURGH: 36
Feb 26 8:52 PM
- PITTSBURGH: 13
Feb 26 7:54 PM
- PITTSBURGH: 0
1st Half - 20:00
Feb 26 7:08 PM
- Obama honors UConn women for another national championship May 10
- Duke's Azura Stevens transfers to UConn Apr 30
- UConn coach Geno Auriemma released from the hospital Apr 19
- UConn coach Auriemma hospitalized with undisclosed illness Apr 17
- UConn star Morgan Tuck to enter WNBA draft Apr 6
- Returning UConn players say they're ready to take baton Apr 6
- UConn skips campus parade due to weather, will rally indoors Apr 6
- Four-Peat: UConn beats 'Cuse for 4th straight national title Apr 6
- Syracuse-UConn Preview Apr 4
- Tuck and Stewart lead UConn back to the title game Apr 3
- Oregon St.-UConn Preview Apr 2
- Oregon State and UConn take different paths to Final Four Apr 2