Cardinal cruise past slipping HuskiesMar 1, 2013 - 5:30 AM Seattle, WA (Sports Network) - Chiney Ogwumike scored 24 points to go along with 13 rebounds as No. 4 Stanford eased past Washington, 71-36, on Thursday.
Bonnie Samuelson had 15 points and nailed five 3-pointers for the Cardinal (27-2, 16-1 Pac-12), who won their 13th straight. Amber Orrange and Joslyn Tinkle each had 12 points in the victory.
Aminah Williams paced Washington with 10 points and 13 rebounds for the Huskies (19-9, 11-6), who lost their third straight and played without leading scorer Jazmine Davis and third-leading scorer Talia Walton.
Stanford trailed 9-3 minutes into the contest, but quickly fought back with a 25-4 swing to take a 28-13 edge with 8 1/2 minutes remaining in the first half.
The Cardinal led at the break, 39-18.
Ogwumike's jumper with 10 minutes to play in the second half extended the lead to 28, before Stanford cruised the rest of the way.
- STANFORD: 71
Feb 28 11:43 PM
- STANFORD: 39
Feb 28 10:47 PM
- STANFORD: 0
1st Half - 20:00
Feb 28 10:07 PM
- Washington coach Mike Neighbors signs contract extension May 13
- Washington women crack under Syracuse pressure, 80-59 Apr 4
- Syracuse women beat Washington 80-59, reach NCAA title game Apr 4
- Washington-Syracuse Preview Apr 2
- Huskies, Orange try to keep changes under wraps for rematch Apr 2
- Washington women beat Stanford 85-76 to reach Final Four Mar 27
- Washington-Stanford Preview Mar 26
- Lexington Regional women's final features Pac-12 showdown Mar 26
- Stanford stuns Notre Dame 90-84 in regional semifinal Mar 26
- Washington women beat Kentucky 85-72 to reach regional final Mar 25
- Stanford-Notre Dame Preview Mar 24
- Notre Dame, Stanford women facing off in Sweet 16 again Mar 24