Ogwumike, Stanford down WSU for 14th straight victoryMar 2, 2013 - 10:40 PM Pullman, WA (Sports Network) - Chiney Ogwumike scored a game-high 28 points on 12-of-17 shooting to go along with 13 rebounds as No. 4 Stanford cruised past Washington State, 72-50, to clinch at least a share of its 13th straight Pac-12 regular-season title.
Mikaela Ruef had seven points and 10 rebounds and Joslyn Tinkle had 13 points for the Cardinal (28-2, 17-1 Pac-12), who also clinched the top seed in the upcoming Pac-12 Conference tournament en route to winning their 14th straight contest to close the regular season.
Stanford improved to 54-0 all-time versus Washington State.
Lia Galdeira had eight points and seven boards for the Cougars (10-19, 6-12), who shot a mere 28.6 percent (20-of-70) from the floor en route to losing their fifth straight.
The Cardinal opened the game on a 19-9 run and led at the break, 35-21.
Stanford utilized a 13-4 spurt to open up the second half, and eventually stretched the lead to 63-33 with just under 10 minutes to play, before cruising to the victory.
- STANFORD: 72
WASHINGTON STATE: 50
Mar 2 4:55 PM
- STANFORD: 35
WASHINGTON STATE: 21
Mar 2 3:50 PM
- STANFORD: 0
WASHINGTON STATE: 0
1st Half - 20:00
Mar 2 3:10 PM
- Washington women beat Stanford 85-76 to reach Final Four Mar 27
- Washington-Stanford Preview Mar 26
- Lexington Regional women's final features Pac-12 showdown Mar 26
- Stanford stuns Notre Dame 90-84 in regional semifinal Mar 26
- Stanford-Notre Dame Preview Mar 24
- Notre Dame, Stanford women facing off in Sweet 16 again Mar 24
- Thompson's 3-point play with 8.2 seconds left lifts Stanford Mar 22
- S. Dakota St.-Stanford Preview Mar 20
- Stanford coach Tara VanDerveer influences so many coaches Mar 20
- Stanford's Tara VanDerveer beats former star Azzi in NCAAs Mar 20
- Tara VanDerveer, former star Jennifer Azzi take NCAA stage Mar 18
- San Francisco-Stanford Preview Mar 18