Diggins paces No. 2 Notre Dame past ProvidenceMar 3, 2013 - 1:16 AM Providence, RI (Sports Network) - Skylar Diggins poured in 28 points and dished out six assists to lead No. 2 Notre Dame to a 92-57 win over Providence on Saturday.
Kayla McBride added 24 points and six rebounds, while Natalie Achonwa chipped in with 14 points and eight rebounds for the Fighting Irish (27-1, 15-0 Big East), who will look to finish their perfect conference campaign on Monday when they play host to third-ranked Connecticut.
Symone Roberts scored 22 points, while Torie Rule and Brianna Edwards finished with 13 and 10 points, respectively, for the Friars (7-21, 2-13).
Notre Dame raced out to a 31-18 lead around the midway point of the first half and took a 52-32 lead into the break.
It never got closer than 20 points in the second half as Notre Dame rolled to its 22nd straight road win.
- Providence hires St. Bonaventure's Crowley as women's coach May 10
- Notre Dame run of Final 4 appearances comes to stunning end Mar 26
- Stanford stuns Notre Dame 90-84 in regional semifinal Mar 26
- Stanford-Notre Dame Preview Mar 24
- Notre Dame, Stanford women facing off in Sweet 16 again Mar 24
- Notre Dame more diverse scoring team than in past years Mar 24
- Allen scores 22, leads Notre Dame to 87-70 win over Indiana Mar 21
- Indiana-Notre Dame Preview Mar 20
- Indiana looks to knock off in-state rival Notre Dame Mar 20
- Top-seed Notre Dame beats 16-seed North Carolina A&T 95-61 Mar 19
- NC A&T-Notre Dame Preview Mar 18
- No. 2 Notre Dame wins 3rd straight ACC Tournament title Mar 6