California rolls over Washington, claims share of Pac-12 titleMar 3, 2013 - 12:46 AM Seattle, WA (Sports Network) - Talia Caldwell had 22 points and grabbed 13 boards to lead No. 6 California to a 78-50 win over Washington.
Caldwell shot 10-of-11 from the field for California (27-2, 17-1 Pac-12), which claimed a share of the Pac-12 Conference regular-season title for the first time in school history. Stanford defeated Washington State earlier Saturday to ensure they would at worst share the title with California.
Brittany Boyd recorded 15 points and 10 rebounds while Gennifer Brandon registered 12 points and 15 rebounds.
Jazmine Davis returned from a one-game suspension and scored 19 points for the Huskies (19-10, 11-7), who have lost four straight games to finish out the regular season. Aminah Williams and Kristi Kingma scored 10 points apiece.
The Golden Bears opened the game with a 9-0 run and dominated throughout the contest.
Near the end of the first half, California had a 39-20 advantage before a three-point play by Mercedes Wetmore and five points by Davis cut the deficit to 39-28 at halftime.
Washington closed the gap to seven, 41-34, early in the second half, but it was the closest the Huskies could reach.
California went on an 18-4 run to take a 59-38 advantage with 8 1/2 minutes remaining in regulation.
The Huskies had difficulty offensively in the second half, as they were limited to 26.9 percent shooting and only made half of their shots from the free throw line.
- Washington coach Mike Neighbors signs contract extension May 13
- Washington women crack under Syracuse pressure, 80-59 Apr 4
- Syracuse women beat Washington 80-59, reach NCAA title game Apr 4
- Washington-Syracuse Preview Apr 2
- Huskies, Orange try to keep changes under wraps for rematch Apr 2
- Washington women beat Stanford 85-76 to reach Final Four Mar 27
- Washington-Stanford Preview Mar 26
- Lexington Regional women's final features Pac-12 showdown Mar 26
- Washington women beat Kentucky 85-72 to reach regional final Mar 25
- Washington-Kentucky Preview Mar 24
- Kentucky's Epps expecting to play against Washington Mar 24
- Washington relishing NCAA tourney run to Sweet 16 Mar 23