Griner sets Big 12 record as Baylor downs Kansas StateMar 5, 2013 - 3:57 AM Waco, TX (Sports Network) - Brittney Griner set a Big 12 single-game record with 50 points to lead top-ranked Baylor to a 90-68 win over Kansas State on Monday.
Griner shot 21-for-29 from the field and added six rebounds while Destiny Williams added 14 points and five rebounds for the Lady Bears (29-1, 18-0 Big 12), who finished off their second straight undefeated conference title.
Brittany Chambers posted 22 points, seven rebounds and five assists while Haley Texada added 13 points for the Wildcats (14-16, 5-13), who dropped five of six to end the regular season.
Kansas State led early, but a 16-6 run from Baylor saw the team go ahead for good after Odyssey Sims put in two free throws. She then later capped the surge with a bucket for a 22-17 lead with 10 minutes to play in the first half.
The Lady Bears took a 45-34 lead into the break behind 22 points from Griner, but the Wildcats were able to keep pace in the second half and they cut their deficit to three on a pair of free throws from Chambers, making it a 55-52 game just over five minutes in.
Kansas State again made it a three-point game after a Chambers layup cut the deficit to 63-60 with 12 minutes to play, but Baylor then put together a 25-2 run which saw Griner score 12 points during the burst to put the game away.
- KANSAS STATE: 68
Mar 4 9:55 PM
- KANSAS STATE: 34
Mar 4 8:50 PM
- KANSAS STATE: 0
1st Half - 20:00
Mar 4 8:08 PM
- Baylor women want to finish 2017 at Final Four in Dallas Mar 29
- Oregon St to women's Final Four after 60-57 win over Baylor Mar 29
- Oregon St.-Baylor Preview Mar 27
- Elite Eight not enough for Baylor women vs Oregon State Mar 27
- Baylor women in 3rd straight Elite 8 with 78-58 win over FSU Mar 26
- Florida St.-Baylor Preview Mar 25
- Baylor women in usual place; Seminoles are stepping up Mar 25
- Baylor women to 8th straight Sweet 16, beat Auburn 84-52 Mar 20
- Mitchell powers South Carolina into Sweet 16 with 73-47 win Mar 20
- Auburn-Baylor Preview Mar 19
- Baylor women have old score to settle at home vs. Auburn Mar 19
- Kansas St.-South Carolina Preview Mar 19