Notre Dame holds off Texas A&MDec 22, 2012 - 4:29 AM Las Vegas, NV (Sports Network) - Natalie Achonwa recorded a double-double with 22 points and 14 rebounds, helping the fifth-ranked Notre Dame Fighting Irish to a 83-74 win over the 22nd-ranked Texas A&M Aggies on Friday.
Skylar Diggins added 24 points for the Irish (9-1), who have won four straight. Kayla McBride and Jewell Loyd donated 19 and 15 points, respectively.
Kelsey Bone ended with 28 points and 10 boards for the Aggies (8-4), who had an eight-game winning streak snapped. Courtney Walker had 12 points and Kristi Bellock added 11 in the setback.
It was the first time the two schools met since the Aggies edged Notre Dame in the 2011 NCAA national championship game.
- NOTRE DAME: 83
TEXAS A&M: 74
Dec 21 10:27 PM
- NOTRE DAME: 44
TEXAS A&M: 37
Dec 21 9:17 PM
- NOTRE DAME: 0
TEXAS A&M: 0
1st Half - 20:00
Dec 21 8:34 PM
- Notre Dame run of Final 4 appearances comes to stunning end Mar 26
- Stanford stuns Notre Dame 90-84 in regional semifinal Mar 26
- Stanford-Notre Dame Preview Mar 24
- Notre Dame, Stanford women facing off in Sweet 16 again Mar 24
- Notre Dame more diverse scoring team than in past years Mar 24
- Allen scores 22, leads Notre Dame to 87-70 win over Indiana Mar 21
- Bulgak's 18 points lead Florida St. to 74-56 win over A&M Mar 21
- Indiana-Notre Dame Preview Mar 20
- Indiana looks to knock off in-state rival Notre Dame Mar 20
- Florida St.-Texas A&M Preview Mar 20
- Texas A&M's Howard and FSU's Thomas key in 2nd round matchup Mar 20
- Top-seed Notre Dame beats 16-seed North Carolina A&T 95-61 Mar 19