Tennessee dispatches Florida in SEC quartersMar 8, 2013 - 9:49 PM Duluth, GA (Sports Network) - Meighan Simmons scored 20 points to lead six Tennessee players in double figures, as the ninth-ranked Lady Vols claimed an 82-73 victory over Florida in the quarterfinals of the SEC Tournament.
Cierra Burdick chipped in 14 points with a game-high eight rebounds, while Taber Spani contributed 13 points and seven boards for Tennessee (24-6), which will face No. 19 Texas A&M in Saturday's semifinals.
The top-seeded Lady Vols have won the last three SEC tourney titles. They took control early on Friday, answering Florida's game-opening bucket with 12 straight points.
Florida (18-14), which beat Arkansas in the first round on Thursday, got as close as three in the first half, but went into the break trailing 47-36. The Gators never seriously threatened in the second half, pulling only as close as six in the final seconds.
Sydney Moss scored 22 points for Florida and Jaterra Bonds added 18.
- FLORIDA: 73
Mar 8 2:06 PM
- FLORIDA: 36
Mar 8 12:51 PM
- FLORIDA: 0
1st Half - 20:00
Mar 8 12:07 PM
- Lady Vols sign junior-college forward Cheridene Green May 18
- Lady Vols add Winthrop graduate transfer Schaquilla Nunn May 3
- Warlick wants Lady Vols to have more consistent work ethic Apr 29
- Postseason surge gives Lady Vols reason for optimism Mar 28
- Syracuse women beat Lady Vols 89-67, head to 1st Final Four Mar 28
- Tennessee-Syracuse Preview Mar 26
- Syracuse, Tennessee women set for improbable regional final Mar 26
- Lady Vols' NCAA run continues with 78-62 win over Buckeyes Mar 26
- Tennessee-Ohio St. Preview Mar 24
- Short-handed Ohio St. women without Craft against Lady Vols Mar 24
- Lady Vols reach Sweet 16 after disappointing regular season Mar 23
- Tennessee knocks off Arizona State 75-64 in NCAAs Mar 21