Achonwa leads No. 2 Notre Dame past USFMar 10, 2013 - 10:11 PM Hartford, CT (Sports Network) - Natalie Achonwa poured in 20 points and pulled down 20 rebounds to lead No. 2 Notre Dame to a 75-66 win over South Florida in the Big East Tournament quarterfinals on Sunday.
Skylar Diggins added 15 points for the Irish (29-1), who have won a school record 24 straight games.
Notre Dame will face No. 13 Louisville in the semifinals on Monday.
Andrell Smith scored 27 points and Andrea Smith had 18 for the Bulls (21-10).
The Irish trailed 51-47 following an Inga Orekhova trey with 11:38 left, but used an 8-0 run to go up 55-51 with just 9:18 remaining.
USF pulled within 57-56 with 7 1/2 minutes left, but Notre Dame pulled away with a 10-1 run to go up 67-57.
The Bulls couldn't get closer than six the rest of the way.
- SOUTH FLORIDA: 66
NOTRE DAME: 75
Mar 10 4:34 PM
- SOUTH FLORIDA: 31
NOTRE DAME: 37
Mar 10 3:17 PM
- SOUTH FLORIDA: 0
NOTRE DAME: 0
1st Half - 20:00
Mar 10 2:31 PM
- Notre Dame run of Final 4 appearances comes to stunning end Mar 26
- Stanford stuns Notre Dame 90-84 in regional semifinal Mar 26
- Stanford-Notre Dame Preview Mar 24
- Notre Dame, Stanford women facing off in Sweet 16 again Mar 24
- Notre Dame more diverse scoring team than in past years Mar 24
- Jordin Canada leads UCLA into Sweet 16 Mar 22
- Allen scores 22, leads Notre Dame to 87-70 win over Indiana Mar 21
- South Florida-UCLA Preview Mar 20
- Guards highlight UCLA-South Florida in NCAA Tournament Mar 20
- Indiana-Notre Dame Preview Mar 20
- Indiana looks to knock off in-state rival Notre Dame Mar 20
- Williams leads South Florida into second round Mar 20