No. 4 Stanford sneaks past UCLA for Pac-12 titleMar 11, 2013 - 3:19 AM Seattle, WA (Sports Network) - Amber Orrange poured in 20 points, including the game-winning layup with seven seconds left to lift No. 4 Stanford over UCLA, 51-49, in the championship of the Pac-12 Tournament on Sunday at Key Arena.
Bonnie Samuelson added nine points for the Cardinal (31-2), who earned their seventh straight tourney crown and 10th overall.
Markel Walker led the 14th-ranked Bruins (25-7) with 16 points and seven rebounds, while Atonye Nyingifa added 10 points and nine boards for UCLA, which has lost to Stanford in three of the last four Pac-12 title games.
UCLA led by seven, 44-37, with 7:18 to play before Stanford stormed back with an 8-0 spurt, capped by six straight points from Orrange to grab a 45-44 edge with just under three minutes left.
The teams exchanged buckets from there, as Walker's layup with 36 seconds left tied the game at 49-49.
Orrange, though, would have the final say, as she finished a layup with seven seconds left to put Stanford in front.
Walker got a look at a jumper at the other end, but it was off the mark, and the Cardinal escaped with the Pac-12 Tournament title.
- UCLA: 49
Mar 10 10:05 PM
- UCLA: 27
Mar 10 8:56 PM
- UCLA: 0
1st Half - 20:00
Mar 10 8:09 PM
- Washington women beat Stanford 85-76 to reach Final Four Mar 27
- Texas comes from behind to beat UCLA 72-64 in Bridgeport Mar 26
- Washington-Stanford Preview Mar 26
- Lexington Regional women's final features Pac-12 showdown Mar 26
- Stanford stuns Notre Dame 90-84 in regional semifinal Mar 26
- UCLA-Texas Preview Mar 25
- UCLA and Texas play in Bridgeport's "other" semifinal Mar 25
- Stanford-Notre Dame Preview Mar 24
- Notre Dame, Stanford women facing off in Sweet 16 again Mar 24
- Thompson's 3-point play with 8.2 seconds left lifts Stanford Mar 22
- Jordin Canada leads UCLA into Sweet 16 Mar 22
- South Florida-UCLA Preview Mar 20