Notre Dame gets past Louisville and into Big East finalMar 12, 2013 - 2:36 AM Hartford, CT (Sports Network) - Kayla McBride had 17 points and the second- ranked Notre Dame Fighting Irish extended their winning streak to 25 games with an 83-59 victory over the 16th-ranked Louisville Cardinals in the semifinals of the Big East Tournament.
Skylar Diggins added 14 points, six assists and four steals for the Fighting Irish (30-1), who will play Connecticut in Tuesday's title game. Kaila Turner and Natalie Achonwa tallied 12 and 11 points, respectively.
Notre Dame reached the 30-win mark for the third consecutive season and the fifth time in program history.
Shoni Schimmel ended with 20 points for the Cardinals (24-8), who got 12 points from Sara Hammond.
Holding a six-point lead at the break, Notre Dame put the game away in the early stages of the second half. A 13-2 surge gave the Fighting Irish a 45-28 margin and they would never look back.
- Notre Dame run of Final 4 appearances comes to stunning end Mar 26
- Stanford stuns Notre Dame 90-84 in regional semifinal Mar 26
- Stanford-Notre Dame Preview Mar 24
- Notre Dame, Stanford women facing off in Sweet 16 again Mar 24
- Notre Dame more diverse scoring team than in past years Mar 24
- Allen scores 22, leads Notre Dame to 87-70 win over Indiana Mar 21
- DePaul beats Louisville 73-72 behind January's 25 points Mar 21
- Indiana-Notre Dame Preview Mar 20
- Indiana looks to knock off in-state rival Notre Dame Mar 20
- Top-seed Notre Dame beats 16-seed North Carolina A&T 95-61 Mar 19
- DePaul-Louisville Preview Mar 19
- Louisville and DePaul renew series for spot in Sweet 16 Mar 19