Griner, Baylor down Iowa State for third straight Big 12 titleMar 12, 2013 - 2:29 AM Dallas, TX (Sports Network) - Brittney Griner scored a game-high 31 points on a nearly perfect 14-of-17 shooting effort to go along with eight rebounds and five blocked shots, as No. 1 Baylor crushed Iowa State, 75-47, for its third straight Big 12 Conference Tournament title.
Odyssey Sims supplied 20 points on 7-of-9 shooting from the floor -- including 4-of-5 from behind the arc -- for the Lady Bears (32-1), who all but wrapped up the overall No. 1 seed for the upcoming NCAA Tournament.
Anna Prins had 20 points to pace Iowa State (23-8), which trailed at halftime, 41-13, and never recovered.
Griner outscored the Cyclones by 10 points with 23 in the first 20 minutes of play.
Iowa State was playing in its first tourney title game since 2007.
- IOWA STATE: 47
Mar 11 9:51 PM
- IOWA STATE: 13
Mar 11 8:52 PM
- IOWA STATE: 0
1st Half - 20:00
Mar 11 8:13 PM
- Iowa State's Bill Fennelly, sued by ex-star, defends self Apr 29
- Moody's attorney, Iowa State disagree on university ruling Apr 19
- APNewsBreak: Former Iowa St star Nikki Moody sues coach Apr 18
- Baylor women want to finish 2017 at Final Four in Dallas Mar 29
- Oregon St to women's Final Four after 60-57 win over Baylor Mar 29
- Oregon St.-Baylor Preview Mar 27
- Elite Eight not enough for Baylor women vs Oregon State Mar 27
- Baylor women in 3rd straight Elite 8 with 78-58 win over FSU Mar 26
- Florida St.-Baylor Preview Mar 25
- Baylor women in usual place; Seminoles are stepping up Mar 25
- Baylor women to 8th straight Sweet 16, beat Auburn 84-52 Mar 20
- Auburn-Baylor Preview Mar 19