Top-seed UConn moves on with rout of IdahoMar 23, 2013 - 7:46 PM Storrs, CT (Sports Network) - Kaleena Mosqueda-Lewis scored 22 points as six players scored in double figures in the top-seeded Connecticut Huskies' 105-37 trouncing of the 16th-seed Idaho Vandals in the first round of the NCAA Tournament at Gampel Pavilion.
Morgan Tuck finished with 18 points, Moriah Jefferson tallied 16 points, Kiah Stokes had a double-double with 14 points and 11 rebounds, Bria Hartley registered 13 points and seven assists and Stefanie Dolson chipped in 10 points for UConn (30-4). The Huskies will take on eighth-seed Vanderbilt in the second round.
Stacey Barr scored 14 points as the lone double figure scorer for Idaho (17-16).
The Huskies shot at a 56.1 percent clip and hit 6-of-12 shots from beyond the arc while the Vandals had just seven field goals in the first half. UConn had a 58-17 lead after the period.
It was more of the same after intermission as the Huskies coasted to victory by shooting 67.9 percent from the floor.
UConn had a 45-23 advantage on the boards and forced 21 turnovers while coughing it up only six times itself. The Huskies also blocked eight shots and had a 10-1 edge from the free-throw line.
- Obama honors UConn women for another national championship May 10
- Duke's Azura Stevens transfers to UConn Apr 30
- UConn coach Geno Auriemma released from the hospital Apr 19
- UConn coach Auriemma hospitalized with undisclosed illness Apr 17
- UConn star Morgan Tuck to enter WNBA draft Apr 6
- Returning UConn players say they're ready to take baton Apr 6
- UConn skips campus parade due to weather, will rally indoors Apr 6
- Four-Peat: UConn beats 'Cuse for 4th straight national title Apr 6
- Syracuse-UConn Preview Apr 4
- Tuck and Stewart lead UConn back to the title game Apr 3
- Oregon St.-UConn Preview Apr 2
- Oregon State and UConn take different paths to Final Four Apr 2