Boilermakers shoot past Lady flames into second roundMar 24, 2013 - 8:54 PM Louisville, KY (Sports Network) - Courtney Moses tied for a game-high with 21 points as the fourth-seed Purdue Boilermakers routed the 13th-seed Liberty Lady Flames, 77-43, at the KFC Yum! Center in the first round of the NCAA Tournament.
Moses nailed 5-of-8 shots from beyond the arc and also collected three steals for Purdue (25-8) which takes on Louisville in the next round. Sam Ostarello brought in 17 rebounds, tallied 10 points and blocked four shots and K.K. Houser tacked on 15 points to go with six assists.
Devon Brown also scored 21 points and picked up seven boards while Ashley Rininger grabbed 13 rebounds but was held scoreless on 0-of-6 shooting for Liberty (27-7).
The first half wasn't particularly competitive as Purdue rolled into halftime leading 33-17 after shooting 44 percent from the field, including a 6-of-13 showing from beyond the arc. Liberty dug itself into the early hole by recording just six field goals on 18.8 percent shooting.
In the second half the Boilermakers really heated up knocking down 55.6 percent from the floor as they ran their lead to as many as 35 points.
Purdue scored 17 points on the fast break and hit 8-of-16 shots from 3-point distance. Liberty shot just 26.3 percent for the game and made good on just 2- of-11 attempts from long range.
- LIBERTY: 43
Mar 24 2:09 PM
- LIBERTY: 17
Mar 24 12:58 PM
- LIBERTY: 0
1st Half - 20:00
Mar 24 12:13 PM
- No. 6 seed Oklahoma tops No. 11 Purdue 61-45 in NCAA Mar 19
- Purdue-Oklahoma Preview Mar 18
- UNC Asheville women beat Liberty in Big South championship Mar 13
- Powers leads No. 19 Michigan St. women past Purdue 65-64 Mar 4
- Purdue women top Penn State, 70-59; face Michigan State Mar 3
- No. 5 Maryland never trails in 73-59 win over Purdue Feb 11
- Walker-Kimbrough scores 41, No. 5 Maryland women beat Purdue Feb 2
- Powers, No. 18 Michigan State women beat Purdue 68-56 Jan 27
- Mitchell scores 27 to lift No. 5 Ohio State over Purdue Jan 17
- No. 13 Duke women beat Liberty 79-41 Dec 17
- No. 13 Stanford women beat Purdue in OT, 71-65 at Gulf Coast Nov 29
- Purdue women edge No. 22 Louisville 62-60 Nov 28