Griner leads Baylor to blowout victoryMar 25, 2013 - 2:42 AM Waco, TX (Sports Network) - Brittney Griner tallied 33 points, 10 rebounds and six blocks as the top-seeded Baylor Lady Bears made easy work of the 16th- seeded Prairie View A&M Panthers, 82-40, in first-round action of the NCAA Tournament at the Ferrell Center.
Griner shot 12-of-17 from the field, 9-of-12 from the free-throw line, and recorded her 15th-career dunk for Baylor (33-1), which has advanced to the second round on Tuesday to tangle with Florida State. Odyssey Sims also registered a double-double for the Lady Bears with 12 points and 10 assists.
For Prairie View (17-15), Gabrielle Scott came off the bench to net 14 points, while Latia Williams had 10 points, nine rebounds and four assists.
While Baylor led by just seven, 22-15, midway through the first half, it got its act together and eventually went into the halftime locker room with a 42-22 lead.
The Lady Bears' advantage never dipped below 18 points in the second half as they cruised to victory.
Baylor shot 56.6 percent from the field and 20-of-29 from foul line on the night, while Prairie View made less than 26 percent of its field goal tries and went without a free-throw attempt.
- Baylor women want to finish 2017 at Final Four in Dallas Mar 29
- Oregon St to women's Final Four after 60-57 win over Baylor Mar 29
- Oregon St.-Baylor Preview Mar 27
- Elite Eight not enough for Baylor women vs Oregon State Mar 27
- Baylor women in 3rd straight Elite 8 with 78-58 win over FSU Mar 26
- Florida St.-Baylor Preview Mar 25
- Baylor women in usual place; Seminoles are stepping up Mar 25
- Baylor women to 8th straight Sweet 16, beat Auburn 84-52 Mar 20
- Auburn-Baylor Preview Mar 19
- Baylor women have old score to settle at home vs. Auburn Mar 19
- Top-seeded Baylor women roll 89-59 over Idaho to NCAA opener Mar 18
- Idaho-Baylor Preview Mar 17