Nebraska takes down Aggies to advance to Sweet 16Mar 26, 2013 - 3:52 AM Nebraska Cornhuskers to a 74-63 upset of the third-seeded Texas A&M Aggies in the second round of the 2013 NCAA Women's Tournament at Reed Arena.
Lindsey Moore added a double-double of 20 points and 10 assists for Nebraska (25-8), which will advance to the Sweet 16 to take on the winner of Tuesday's Oklahoma State-Duke tilt. Hailie Sample posted a double-double of her own with 10 points and 11 rebounds in the win. The Cornhuskers have not played in the Sweet 16 since 2010.
Adrienne Pratcher scored 17 points for Texas A&M (25-10), which also received 13 points from Kelsey Bone. Courtney Williams had 11 points in the season- ending setback. The Aggies won the national title in 2011.
Nebraska took control by hitting 50 percent of its field goal attempts including 5-of-12 from beyond the arc in the opening 20 minutes. The Aggies went into halftime trailing, 43-32, after committing seven turnovers in the first half.
The Cornhuskers cooled off to hit on just 38.1 percent of their field goal tries in the second stanza, but they managed to tie to the Aggies in the period by converting 12-of-13 at the free-throw line. Texas A&M was unable to comeback despite tallying 13 points off turnovers after the intermission.
Nebraska used a 39-27 edge in the rebounding battle to power the upset.
- NEBRASKA: 74
TEXAS A&M: 63
Mar 25 11:29 PM
- NEBRASKA: 43
TEXAS A&M: 32
Mar 25 10:22 PM
- NEBRASKA: 0
TEXAS A&M: 0
1st Half - 20:00
Mar 25 9:41 PM
- New Nebraska women's assistants will be paid $140,000 each Apr 25
- New Nebraska women's coach has fewer perks in contract Apr 19
- Building trust top priority for new Nebraska women's coach Apr 12
- Huskers act quickly to replace Yori, hire SD's Amy Williams Apr 11
- Nebraska's Natalie Romeo: 'Immature' players pushed out Yori Apr 9
- Huskers pay women's coach Connie Yori $1.2 million to leave Apr 7
- Nebraska coach Connie Yori resigns after 14 seasons Apr 5
- Bulgak's 18 points lead Florida St. to 74-56 win over A&M Mar 21
- Florida St.-Texas A&M Preview Mar 20
- Texas A&M's Howard and FSU's Thomas key in 2nd round matchup Mar 20
- Howard sets NCAA Tournament rebound record in Aggies win Mar 19
- Texas A&M suspends Courtney Williams and Shlonte Allen Mar 19