No. 1 UConn rolls past UCFJan 1, 2014 - 11:38 PM Orlando, FL (SportsNetwork.com) - Stefanie Dolson poured in 25 points with 12 rebounds to lead the No. 1 UConn Huskies to a 77-49 win over Central Florida.
Breanna Stewart added 11 points with eight rebounds for the Huskies (14-0, 2-0 AAC).
Briahanna Jackson paced all scorers with 28 points, while Zykira Lewis chipped in with 10 for the Knights (8-5, 1-1)
Jackson scored eight points to help UCF open up a 10-7 lead early in the contest. However, that would be the final time the Knights maintained a positive margin.
UConn went on a 14-2 run to take a 21-12 lead that Stewart capped with a jumper at the 12:50 mark of the first half.
Central Florida went scoreless for 6:03 late in the half and UConn pushed the margin to 42-21 following a Saniya Chong layup.
The Huskies ended the half on an 11-1 swing to take a 46-22 lead into the locker room.
UCF was held without a basket for the final 9:05 of the first and only scored two points on one free throw each from Lewis and Andrea Hines.
Jackson and Lewis headed a 15-6 run to cut the second half deficit to 62-44 with under 10 minutes to play.
Jackson scored eight, while Lewis added the other seven points, but UConn preserved a comfortable advantage and cruised the rest of the way.
- CONNECTICUT: 77
CENTRAL FLORIDA: 49
Jan 1 6:02 PM
- CONNECTICUT: 46
CENTRAL FLORIDA: 22
Jan 1 4:54 PM
- CONNECTICUT: 0
CENTRAL FLORIDA: 0
1st Half - 20:00
Jan 1 4:07 PM
- Obama honors UConn women for another national championship May 10
- Duke's Azura Stevens transfers to UConn Apr 30
- UConn coach Geno Auriemma released from the hospital Apr 19
- UConn coach Auriemma hospitalized with undisclosed illness Apr 17
- UConn star Morgan Tuck to enter WNBA draft Apr 6
- Returning UConn players say they're ready to take baton Apr 6
- UConn skips campus parade due to weather, will rally indoors Apr 6
- Four-Peat: UConn beats 'Cuse for 4th straight national title Apr 6
- Syracuse-UConn Preview Apr 4
- Tuck and Stewart lead UConn back to the title game Apr 3
- Oregon St.-UConn Preview Apr 2
- Oregon State and UConn take different paths to Final Four Apr 2