No. 9 Baylor clobbers Kansas State in Big 12 openerJan 3, 2014 - 3:43 AM Manhattan, KS (SportsNetwork.com) - Odyssey Sims poured in 40 points to lead ninth-ranked Baylor to an easy 92-63 victory over Kansas State Thursday at Bramlage Coliseum.
Sims went a perfect 4-for-4 from 3-point range and shot 12-of-19 overall from the field as the Lady Bears (11-1, 1-0 Big 12) registered their 41st consecutive win in Big 12 play during the regular season. Sune Agbuke compiled 16 points and 14 rebounds in the rout.
The Wildcats (6-6, 0-1) rarely threatened despite Ashia Woods' 27 points and Leticia Woods' 20.
Baylor roared out to a 15-6 lead six minutes in and never trailed at any stage of the contest. Sims' 3-point play with 11:12 left in the first half put the Lady Bears up by double digits at 22-10, and Kansas State failed to get the margin under 10 the rest of the way.
The Lady Bears carried a commanding 47-31 lead at halftime and expanded the margin after the break mostly due to the efforts of Sims, who netted 25 of her points in the final 20 minutes.
- Baylor women want to finish 2017 at Final Four in Dallas Mar 29
- Oregon St to women's Final Four after 60-57 win over Baylor Mar 29
- Oregon St.-Baylor Preview Mar 27
- Elite Eight not enough for Baylor women vs Oregon State Mar 27
- Baylor women in 3rd straight Elite 8 with 78-58 win over FSU Mar 26
- Florida St.-Baylor Preview Mar 25
- Baylor women in usual place; Seminoles are stepping up Mar 25
- Baylor women to 8th straight Sweet 16, beat Auburn 84-52 Mar 20
- Mitchell powers South Carolina into Sweet 16 with 73-47 win Mar 20
- Auburn-Baylor Preview Mar 19
- Baylor women have old score to settle at home vs. Auburn Mar 19
- Kansas St.-South Carolina Preview Mar 19