No. 4 Stanford dismantles Oregon in Pac-12 openerJan 4, 2014 - 4:55 AM Stanford, CA (SportsNetwork.com) - Chiney Ogwumike led all players with 33 points to help lead fourth-ranked Stanford cruise to a 96-66 win over Oregon at Maples Pavilion.
Ogwumike went 15-of-19 from the field and hauled in a game-high 14 rebounds to become the conference's all-time leading rebounder as the Cardinal (12-1, 1-0 Pac-12) registered their 10th straight victory. Bonnie Samuelson added 21 points, shooting 6-of-9 from long range in the win.
The Ducks (9-3, 0-1) couldn't match Stanford's skill, but Jillian Alleyne totaled 26 points and 13 rebounds, while both Chrishae Rowe and Ariel Thomas put up 11 points apiece.
Oregon was able to keep the matchup competitive until Stanford went on a 10-0 run capped off by an Ogwumike jumper to spring out to a 35-20 lead with 5:22 left in the first half. Karlie Samuelson made her sole three-pointer with 25 seconds left to bring the Cardinal to halftime with a 51-34 lead.
Alleyne and the Ducks brought the deficit down back to 15 with a pair of Lexi Petersen free throws, but Bonnie Samuelson and Ogwumike answered back and led the hosts on a 19-4 streak that resulted in a Samuelson three to put the Cardinal up 81-49 with 6 1/2 minutes left.
- Washington women beat Stanford 85-76 to reach Final Four Mar 27
- Washington-Stanford Preview Mar 26
- Lexington Regional women's final features Pac-12 showdown Mar 26
- Stanford stuns Notre Dame 90-84 in regional semifinal Mar 26
- Stanford-Notre Dame Preview Mar 24
- Notre Dame, Stanford women facing off in Sweet 16 again Mar 24
- Thompson's 3-point play with 8.2 seconds left lifts Stanford Mar 22
- S. Dakota St.-Stanford Preview Mar 20
- Stanford coach Tara VanDerveer influences so many coaches Mar 20
- Stanford's Tara VanDerveer beats former star Azzi in NCAAs Mar 20
- Tara VanDerveer, former star Jennifer Azzi take NCAA stage Mar 18
- San Francisco-Stanford Preview Mar 18