Louisville dominates CincinnatiJan 4, 2014 - 9:36 PM Louisville, KY (SportsNetwork.com) - Shoni Schimmel netted 21 points, going 5- for-11 from beyond-the-arc, to lead No. 7 Louisville to a 64-45 win over Cincinnati at the KFC Yum! Center on Saturday.
Emmonnie Henderson had nine points off the bench, while Asia Taylor had seven points and nine rebounds for the Cardinals (15-1, 3-0), who have won eight straight.
Kayla Cook scored 14 points and Jasmine Whitefield added 10 for the Bearcats (7-7, 0-3).
The Bearcats stayed close for the most part in the first half down just two with 3:43 remaining, but Louisville ended the half on an 8-1 run to take a 29-20 lead into the break.
Schimmel scored seven points in the first four minutes of the second half to open up an 18-point lead for the Cardinals.
Louisville's lead didn't go below 18 for the remainder of the game.
- CINCINNATI: 45
Jan 4 4:04 PM
- CINCINNATI: 20
Jan 4 2:58 PM
- CINCINNATI: 0
1st Half - 20:00
Jan 4 2:22 PM
- DePaul beats Louisville 73-72 behind January's 25 points Mar 21
- DePaul-Louisville Preview Mar 19
- Louisville and DePaul renew series for spot in Sweet 16 Mar 19
- Louisville tops Central Arkansas 87-60, Hines-Allen Mar 18
- Cent. Arkansas-Louisville Preview Mar 17
- NCAA games in Louisville match 4 teams on late-season rolls Mar 17
- Louisville coach writes to fans' bosses about skipping work Mar 16
- No. 17 Syracuse women beat No. 7 Louisville 80-75 in ACCs Mar 5
- No. 7 Louisville women beat Georgia Tech 60-50 in ACC Mar 4
- No. 10 Louisville women coast to 65-36 win over Pitt Feb 28
- No. 10 Louisville beats No. 17 Miami 79-51 Feb 25
- Hines-Allen leads No. 11 Louisville women past BC 55-45 Feb 21