No. 2 Notre Dame annihilates Boston CollegeJan 10, 2014 - 2:26 AM South Bend, IN (SportsNetwork.com) - Kayla McBride scored a game-high 20 points with eight rebounds as No. 2 Notre Dame blasted Boston College, 95-53, on Thursday night.
Michaela Mabrey scored 18 points off the bench for Notre Dame (14-0, 2-0 ACC), while Taya Reimer added 15 points in a reserve role. Jewell Loyd contributed 14 points in the win.
Kristen Doherty scored a team-high 13 points to go along with five assists and five steals for Boston College (10-6, 1-1). Katie Zenevitch and Lauren Engeln netted 11 and 10 points, respectively, in defeat.
McBride had six points in the opening 6:24 of the game to help Notre Dame to a 13-4 lead early on.
Reimer then led a 13-4 run a couple of minutes later, scoring nine points to stake the Irish to a 29-14 lead midway through the first.
Nicole Boudreau made a 3 to trim the deficit to 31-19 and Loyd followed with a layup at 7:17 which started an 18-2 run to end the half.
The Irish led 49-21 at the break.
The final margin of 42 was Notre Dame's largest lead of the game as they won it going away.
- BOSTON COLLEGE: 53
NOTRE DAME: 95
Jan 9 8:45 PM
- BOSTON COLLEGE: 21
NOTRE DAME: 49
Jan 9 7:46 PM
- BOSTON COLLEGE: 0
NOTRE DAME: 0
1st Half - 20:00
Jan 9 7:02 PM
- Notre Dame run of Final 4 appearances comes to stunning end Mar 26
- Stanford stuns Notre Dame 90-84 in regional semifinal Mar 26
- Stanford-Notre Dame Preview Mar 24
- Notre Dame, Stanford women facing off in Sweet 16 again Mar 24
- Notre Dame more diverse scoring team than in past years Mar 24
- Allen scores 22, leads Notre Dame to 87-70 win over Indiana Mar 21
- Indiana-Notre Dame Preview Mar 20
- Indiana looks to knock off in-state rival Notre Dame Mar 20
- Top-seed Notre Dame beats 16-seed North Carolina A&T 95-61 Mar 19
- NC A&T-Notre Dame Preview Mar 18
- No. 2 Notre Dame wins 3rd straight ACC Tournament title Mar 6
- No. 2 Notre Dame beats No. 21 Miami 78-67 in ACC semifinals Mar 5