Stanford routs UtahJan 11, 2014 - 3:52 AM Salt Lake City, UT (SportsNetwork.com) - Chiney Ogwumike led all scorers with 30 points to help No. 4 Stanford breeze past Utah, 87-61, from Jon M. Huntsman Center.
Ogwumike shot 13-of-17 from the field and added nine rebounds for Stanford (14-1, 3-0 Pac-12), which has won its last four games by at least 20 points. Amber Orrange contributed 14 points with six assists, and Mikaela Ruef grabbed 14 rebounds.
Emily Potter paced Utah (7-7, 0-3) with 16 points in the Utes' third straight defeat to open Pac-12 play. Michelle Plouffe scored 14 points and Danielle Rodriguez netted 11 in the setback.
Stanford asserted itself from the opening tip, scoring on its first four trips down the floor. Ruef's jumper made it 15-4 at the first media timeout, and the rout was on.
Lili Thompson's 3 sparked a 14-0 Stanford surge midway through the first half, and the Cardinal led 49-29 at intermission.
The Stanford edge got under 20 just twice during the second half, as the Cardinal cruised late.
- STANFORD: 87
Jan 10 9:49 PM
- STANFORD: 49
Jan 10 8:45 PM
- STANFORD: 0
1st Half - 20:00
Jan 10 8:03 PM
- Washington women beat Stanford 85-76 to reach Final Four Mar 27
- Washington-Stanford Preview Mar 26
- Lexington Regional women's final features Pac-12 showdown Mar 26
- Stanford stuns Notre Dame 90-84 in regional semifinal Mar 26
- Stanford-Notre Dame Preview Mar 24
- Notre Dame, Stanford women facing off in Sweet 16 again Mar 24
- Thompson's 3-point play with 8.2 seconds left lifts Stanford Mar 22
- S. Dakota St.-Stanford Preview Mar 20
- Stanford coach Tara VanDerveer influences so many coaches Mar 20
- Stanford's Tara VanDerveer beats former star Azzi in NCAAs Mar 20
- Tara VanDerveer, former star Jennifer Azzi take NCAA stage Mar 18
- San Francisco-Stanford Preview Mar 18