Stanford tops Colorado in battle of Pac-12 ranked schoolsJan 13, 2014 - 2:22 AM Boulder, CO (SportsNetwork.com) - Chiney Ogwumike poured in game bests of 34 points and 16 rebounds, as fourth-ranked Stanford posted an 87-77 decision over No. 17 Colorado on Sunday.
Karlie Samuelson added 19 points for the Cardinal (15-1, 4-0 Pac-12), while Mikaela Ruf pulled down 10 boards in the victory.
Jamee Swan picked up 20 points and 13 rebounds, with Arielle Roberson adding 19 points, six rebounds, five assists and a pair of blocks and steals for the Buffaloes (11-4, 1-3).
Stanford won it in the first half, shooting 51.4 percent thanks to 8-of-15 shots from beyond the arc and taking a 55-38 lead to the locker room on the back of a 16-3 run.
Colorado was only able to shrink its deficit below double digits inside the final minute of action.
- STANFORD: 87
Jan 12 7:10 PM
- STANFORD: 55
Jan 12 5:56 PM
- STANFORD: 0
1st Half - 20:00
Jan 12 5:08 PM
- Colorado hires JR Payne as women's basketball coach Mar 28
- Washington women beat Stanford 85-76 to reach Final Four Mar 27
- Washington-Stanford Preview Mar 26
- Lexington Regional women's final features Pac-12 showdown Mar 26
- Stanford stuns Notre Dame 90-84 in regional semifinal Mar 26
- Stanford-Notre Dame Preview Mar 24
- Notre Dame, Stanford women facing off in Sweet 16 again Mar 24
- Thompson's 3-point play with 8.2 seconds left lifts Stanford Mar 22
- S. Dakota St.-Stanford Preview Mar 20
- Stanford coach Tara VanDerveer influences so many coaches Mar 20
- Stanford's Tara VanDerveer beats former star Azzi in NCAAs Mar 20
- San Francisco-Stanford Preview Mar 18