Halberg, Muller lead UNLV to upset of DePaulDec 29, 2006 - 9:33 AM LAS VEGAS (Ticker) -- Brittany Halberg scored a career-high 21 points and Faye Muller added 18 and 14 rebounds as UNLV posted an 89-71 upset victory over No. 18 DePaul.
Shamala Hampton and Sequoia Holmes added 16 points each for the Rebels (5-6), who snapped a two-game losing streak.
Halberg shot 4-of-10 from the field and made 11 straight free throws before missing her final attempt for UNLV, which shot 45 percent (29-of-65) from the field.
Kisha Lee had 10 points off the bench for the Lady Rebels, who scored 26 points off 18 turnovers by the Blue Demons.
Allie Quigley scored 19 points and Jenna Rubino added 14 for DePaul, which shot 41 percent (24-of-59) from the field.
- Oregon State women first Elite 8 after 83-71 win over DePaul Mar 26
- DePaul-Oregon St. Preview Mar 25
- Oregon State women go from shambles to Sweet 16 vs. DePaul Mar 25
- DePaul beats Louisville 73-72 behind January's 25 points Mar 21
- DePaul-Louisville Preview Mar 19
- Louisville and DePaul renew series for spot in Sweet 16 Mar 19
- DePaul makes 11 3-pointers, routs James Madison 97-67 Mar 18
- James Madison-DePaul Preview Mar 17
- St. John's women upset No. 18 DePaul 75-66 in Big East semis Mar 7
- No. 19 DePaul women beat Marquette 98-65 Feb 27
- No. 21 DePaul women roll to 78-52 win over Creighton Feb 21
- Podkowa leads No. 21 DePaul women past Providence 91-68 Feb 19