Paris enjoys monster game to lead OklahomaDec 30, 2006 - 10:58 PM OKLAHOMA CITY (Ticker) -- Courtney Paris never has been better.
Paris scored a school-record 43 points and grabbed 25 rebounds as seventh-ranked Oklahoma cruised to an 80-58 victory over No. 25 New Mexico.
A 6-4 sophomore who is one of the nation's best players, Paris broke the Oklahoma single-game scoring record of 40 points set by Phyleshia Whaley against Arkansas in March 1999. She recorded the third-best rebounding game in school history.
Paris joined Baylor's Danielle Cockrum as the only Big 12 Conference player ever to have at least 40 points and 20 rebounds in a game. Paris finished 20-of-26 from the field en route to her 39th straight double-double.
Jenna Plumley added 11 points for Oklahoma (10-1), which shot 57 percent (33-of-58) and held a 53-31 rebounding advantage.
Dionne Marsh scored 20 points for the Lobos (10-3), who shot a woeful 26 percent (17-of-65).
- New Mexico hires Mike Bradbury to lead women's team Mar 30
- Kentucky pulls away from Oklahoma 79-58 in NCAA second round Mar 21
- Oklahoma-Kentucky Preview Mar 20
- No. 3 Kentucky, No. 6 Oklahoma aim to keep up the good work Mar 20
- No. 6 seed Oklahoma tops No. 11 Purdue 61-45 in NCAA Mar 19
- Purdue-Oklahoma Preview Mar 18
- No. 22 Colorado State women advance, 60-42 over New Mexico Mar 10
- Jones leads No. 4 Baylor in 84-57 win over No. 24 Oklahoma Mar 6
- No. 24 Oklahoma women top rival OSU 61-43 in Big 12 tourney Mar 5
- No. 24 Oklahoma women beat Texas Tech 70-60 Mar 1
- Williams has 32 as No. 23 Oklahoma women roll Iowa St. 85-54 Feb 27
- No. 25 Colorado State women slip past New Mexico 49-48 Feb 24