Vaughn sparks Arkansas over St. LouisDec 31, 2006 - 1:15 AM ST LOUIS (Ticker) -- Arkansas survived a second-half blitz to post its 15th victory of the season.
Brittney Vaughn scored 13 points and barely missed a triple-double as No. 24 Arkansas rallied for a 66-59 victory over St. Louis.
The Razorbacks appeared to be on their way to an easy win after building a 14-point halftime lead. But the Billikens opened the second half with a 31-9 run to pull ahead, 51-43.
Vaughn sparked a comeback and finished with 10 assists and nine rebounds for Arkansas (15-1), which also got 12 points and 14 boards from Lauren Ervin. Two free throws by Ervin capped a 9-0 run for a 52-51 lead.
Theresa Lisch had 19 points and eight rebounds and Tyler McIlwraith added 14 and 12 for St. Louis (8-6), which couldn't overcome a 25-0 deficit in bench scoring.
- Tennessee women beat Arkansas 68-51 to bolster NCAA resume Mar 3
- Saint Louis women are Atlantic 10 co-champion for first time Mar 3
- No. 16 Kentucky women beat Arkansas 77-63 Feb 21
- Saint Louis sets school mark with 19 victories Feb 17
- Warlick wins 100th as No. 23 Lady Vols beat Arkansas 75-57 Feb 4
- No. 13 Mississippi State women beat Arkansas 65-55 Jan 31
- Arkansas deals No. 24 Missouri women 64-52 loss Jan 17
- Jackson's 25 leads Arkansas' comeback over Lady Vols 64-59 Jan 14
- No. 7 Mississippi St beats Arkansas 80-55 Jan 10
- Roy's 3 lift No. 2 South Carolina to 85-32 victory Jan 3
- No. 5 Texas women beat Arkansas in Big 12-SEC Challenge Dec 20
- Weisner leads No. 7 Oregon State women past Arkansas Nov 28