Porath, No. 25 Wisconsin-Green Bay edges Cleveland StateFeb 18, 2007 - 1:00 AM CLEVELAND (Ticker) -- Rachel Porath helped Wisconsin-Green Bay make school history.
Porath had 17 points and seven rebounds and Nicole Soulis also scored 17 as the 25th-ranked Phoenix remain undefeated in the Horizon League with a 69-66 triumph over Cleveland State.
Amanda Popp netted 12 points for Wisconsin-Green Bay (21-3, 12-0 Horizon), which has won a school-record 18 straight games, surpassing the 1983-84 squad.
Late in the second half, Dominique Butler scored on a jumper, then Jessica Roque drilled a 3-pointer as Cleveland State grabbed a 65-64 edge with 2:06 remaining.
After both teams split a pair of free throws, Soulis gave the Phoenix the advantage for good on her basket with 24 seconds to play.
The Vikings (7-19, 4-9) had a chance to regain the edge, but Roque misfired from the arc and Natalie Berglin made two free throws, sealing the win.
Kailey Klein scored 16 points and Nicole Thomas chipped in 11 and 12 rebounds for Cleveland State, which shot 42 percent (25-of-59) from the field and surrendered 18 points on 15 turnovers
- NCAA WOMENS BB
FINAL 1ST 2ND TOTAL
--- --- -----
WISC GREEN BAY (25) 35 34 69
CLEVELAND ST 26 40 66 FINAL
Feb 17 4:45 PM
- NCAA WOMENS BB
WISC GREEN BAY (25) 35
CLEVELAND ST 26 HALFTIME
Feb 17 3:39 PM
- Lady Vols pull away in final 6 minutes to beat Green Bay Mar 18
- Wis.-Green Bay-Tennessee Preview Mar 17
- Green Bay women rout Milwaukee, coast to Horizon title Mar 13
- Princeton sprints past Green Bay Mar 21
- Lady Tigers escape first-round scare Mar 24
- Borseth returning to coach Green Bay women Apr 4
- Kentucky fends off furious Green Bay rally to move on Mar 20
- Hot first half leads Phoenix past Cyclones Mar 17
- Green Bay downs Detroit to capture Horizon League title Mar 11
- No. 10 Green Bay downs UIC, advances to Horizon title game Mar 10
- Wojta powers Green Bay past Wright State Feb 11
- Detroit shocks unbeaten Green Bay Feb 9