Grant, Penn State hold off 21st-ranked PittsburghNov 12, 2007 - 12:34 AM STATE COLLEGE, Pennsylvania (Ticker) -- Tyra Grant scored 19 points Sunday to lead Penn State to an 80-74 victory over 21st-ranked Pittsburgh.
Grant shot 8-of-12 from the floor to pace five Nittany Lions in double figures.
Mashea Williams and Kamela Gissendanner each scored 16 points while reserve Janessa Wolff chipped in 14 for Penn State (3-0), which shot 83 percent (34-of-41) from the free-throw line.
Shavonte Zellous scored 14 points for Pittsburgh (2-1), which faced a 31-26 halftime deficit after shooting just 31 percent (10-of-32) from the floor before the break.
- Purdue women top Penn State, 70-59; face Michigan State Mar 3
- Motley, Hayes lead No. 21 Miami women past Pitt 77-55 Mar 3
- Penn State tops Illinois 75-66 at Big Ten women's tourney Mar 2
- Pitt beats UNC 82-72 in ACC women's tournament Mar 2
- No. 10 Louisville women coast to 65-36 win over Pitt Feb 28
- Butler leads No. 23 Syracuse women past Pittsburgh 70-56 Feb 21
- Alston's 26 leads No. 7 Ohio State over Penn State Feb 14
- No. 12 Louisville women defeat Pittsburgh 84-61 Feb 11
- Penn State upsets No. 17 Michigan State women 65-61 Feb 11
- Walker-Kimbrough leads Maryland to 89-53 win over Jan 27
- No. 16 Florida State women beat Pitt 66-55 Jan 17
- No. 23 Michigan State women beat Penn State 71-55 Jan 7