Sherwood lifts Vanderbilt past ClemsonNov 21, 2007 - 3:20 AM CLEMSON, South Carolina (Ticker) -- Liz Sherwood had 22 points and 13 rebounds to lead No. 19 Vanderbilt to a 74-56 victory over Clemson on Tuesday.
The 6-4 Sherwood was unstoppable inside, hitting 10-of-11 shots for the Commodores, who pulled away from a 32-32 halftime tie.
Christina Wirth scored 13 points and Jennifer Risper and Jessica Mooney added 10 apiece for Vanderbilt (3-1), which shot 56 percent (27-of-48) from the floor, including a blistering 62.5 percent (15-of-24) after intermission.
D'Lesha Lloyd had 17 points and four steals and Sthefany Thomas added 10 and four for Clemson (2-3), which loss despite making 16 steals.
- Balcomb steps down as Vanderbilt women's basketball coach Apr 27
- No. 16 Mississippi State women beat Vanderbilt 63-46 Mar 4
- Vandy women rally to beat Georgia 54-49 in OT in SEC tourney Mar 3
- Wake Forest beats Clemson 73-58 in ACC women's tourney Mar 2
- Reed, Vanderbilt women roll to 74-59 victory over Ole Miss Mar 2
- Reed leads Vanderbilt women, upset No. 24 Missouri 56-52 Feb 28
- Vivians scores 21 in No. 16 Mississippi State's 66-61 win Feb 25
- No. 2 Notre Dame grabs share of ACC title with 71-52 win Feb 25
- No. 12 Texas A&M women win 20th, beat Vanderbilt 75-63 Feb 21
- No. 22 Florida women beat Vanderbilt 79-67 Feb 18
- Jennings leads No. 18 Kentucky women past Vanderbilt 71-55 Feb 14
- Correction: T25-Tennessee-Vanderbilt story Feb 12