Xavier spoils N.C. State's addition to pollDec 5, 2007 - 3:21 AM RALEIGH, North Carolina (Ticker) -- Amber Harris and Xavier ruined North Carolina State's jump into the national rankings.
Harris scored 19 points and grabbed 13 rebounds as the Musketeers captured a 51-49 victory over the No. 24 Wolfpack on Tuesday.
The setback snapped a six-game winning streak for North Carolina State (8-2), which was the only new team to the latest USA Today/ESPN coaches' poll, released earlier Tuesday.
Jerri Taylor scored 15 points and Ta'Shia Phillips added 10 for Xavier (5-3), which held N.C. State to 35.4 percent (23-of-65) shooting in snapping a two-game losing streak.
Khadijah Whittington had 26 points and nine rebounds for the Wolfpack, who held a 43-40 advantage on the boards and outscored the Musketeers in the paint, 30-20.
- No. 17 Syracuse beats NC State 80-61 in ACC quarterfinals Mar 4
- NC State women beat Boston College 76-60 in ACC Tournament Mar 3
- No. 12 Florida State women hold off NC State 56-52 Feb 25
- No. 23 DePaul women beat Xavier 82-52 Feb 12
- Cable scores 25, No. 3 Notre Dame defeats NC State 82-46 Feb 4
- No. 23 Louisville women rally past NC State 92-90 Jan 17
- North Carolina State beats No. 22 Duke women in Durham 65-62 Jan 15
- No. 22 Miami women beat NC State 73-44 in ACC opener Dec 30
- Eaton, Hamson shine as BYU upsets NC State Mar 22
- Notre Dame remains perfect to reach ACC title game Mar 8
- Notre Dame thumps North Carolina State Mar 2
- Blue Devils outlast Wolfpack Feb 20