Smith, Black help Duke win conference openerJan 6, 2008 - 3:58 AM MIAMI (Ticker) -- Wanisha Smith and Chante Black scored 16 points apiece to lead No. 13 Duke to an 84-72 victory over Miami on Saturday in the Atlantic Coast Conference opener for both teams.
Joy Cheek had 10 points for the Blue Devils (12-3, 1-0 ACC), who shot 57 percent (16-of-28) in the first half en route to a 46-34 lead.
That proved to be the key to the game as Miami played toe-to-toe with Duke in the second half.
Maurita Reid scored 22 points for the Hurricanes (7-9, 0-1), who shot just 37 percent (24-of-64) from the floor.
No one has shouted yet.
Be the first!
Be the first!
- Duke: Investigation over, McCallie to remain women's coach May 8
- Duke women's basketball adds transfer from Wagner May 3
- Duke: Human resources reviewing women's basketball program Apr 12
- Stevens, Salvadores leaving Duke women's basketball team Apr 1
- No. 12 South Dakota State stuns fifth-seeded Miami 74-71 Mar 19
- S. Dakota St.-Miami Preview Mar 18
- No. 2 Notre Dame beats No. 21 Miami 78-67 in ACC semifinals Mar 5
- No. 2 Notre Dame women beat Duke 83-54 in ACC quarterfinals Mar 4
- Thomas leads No. 21 Miami women past No. 14 FSU 74-56 Mar 4
- Chidom helps Duke women edge Virginia 57-53 Mar 3
- Motley, Hayes lead No. 21 Miami women past Pitt 77-55 Mar 3
- Romero lifts No. 12 FSU women past No. 17 Miami 70-67 Feb 28