Langhorne, Strickland help Maryland win 11th straightJan 19, 2008 - 3:55 AM CHARLOTTESVILLE, Virginia (Ticker) -- Crystal Langhorne had 20 points and 16 rebounds and Marah Strickland added 19 points as fourth-ranked Maryland pulled away from Virginia for its 11th consecutive victory, 74-62, in an Atlantic Coast Conference contest on Friday.
Kristi Toliver scored 16 points for the Terrapins, who trailed by as many as nine in the first half before cutting the deficit to 34-33 at the break.
Maryland (21-1, 5-0 ACC) started to pull away on back-to-back 3-pointers by Strickland and Toliver, which gave the Terrapins a 62-56 lead with 5:03 to play. Laura Harper then made a layup to push the advantage to eight, and the Cavaliers never got closer than six the rest of the way.
Virginia (13-5, 2-1) was outrebounded, 44-28, and shot 41 percent (24-of-59) from the field.
Monica Wright score 22 points to lead the Cavaliers, who had their seven-game winning streak snapped.
- NCAA WOMENS BB
FINAL 1ST 2ND TOTAL
--- --- -----
MARYLAND (4) 33 41 74
VIRGINIA 34 28 62 FINAL
Jan 18 9:00 PM
- NCAA WOMENS BB
(4) MARYLAND 33
VIRGINIA 34 HALFTIME
Jan 18 7:57 PM
- Plum scores 32 as Washington stuns Maryland Mar 21
- Washington-Maryland Preview Mar 20
- Maryland, Washington: Opposites attract in 2nd round matchup Mar 20
- Maryland spoils Iona debut in NCAA Tournament with 74-58 win Mar 19
- Iona-Maryland Preview Mar 18
- In season of change, Maryland returns to NCAAs as No. 2 seed Mar 16
- No. 5 Maryland women top Northwestern 83-62 Mar 5
- No. 5 Maryland pulls away from Iowa 75-55 in Big Ten tourney Mar 4
- Chidom helps Duke women edge Virginia 57-53 Mar 3
- No. 6 Maryland beats Minnesota 110-77 to win Big Ten title Feb 28
- Senior Moseley gives No. 6 Maryland women lift off bench Feb 27
- Walker-Kimbrough leads No. 6 Maryland past Wisconsin, 83-77 Feb 25