Barbour, Duke cruise past Virginia TechFeb 2, 2008 - 2:46 AM DURHAM, North Carolina (Ticker) -- Andrea Barbour scored 15 points and Brittany Cook added 14 as No. 11 Duke posted a 85-50 victory over Virginia Tech on Friday in an Atlantic Coast Conference contest.
The Blue Devils (16-5, 5-1 ACC) led, 29-22, at the break and put the game away with a 21-10 run just under six minutes into the second half.
Duke shot 59 percent (22-of-37) from the field in the second half while outscoring the Hokies, 56-28, during that span.
Wanisha Smith scored 14 points for Virginia Tech (13-9, 0-7), which has lost six of seven.
- Duke: Investigation over, McCallie to remain women's coach May 8
- Duke women's basketball adds transfer from Wagner May 3
- Duke: Human resources reviewing women's basketball program Apr 12
- Stevens, Salvadores leaving Duke women's basketball team Apr 1
- Virginia Tech hires James Madison's Brooks as women's coach Mar 28
- No. 2 Notre Dame women beat Duke 83-54 in ACC quarterfinals Mar 4
- Chidom helps Duke women edge Virginia 57-53 Mar 3
- BC beats Virginia Tech 49-37 in ACC women's tournament Mar 2
- Hof leads No. 18 Miami women to 67-56 OT win over Va Tech Feb 21
- Thomas, No. 10 Florida State women beat Duke 69-53 Feb 11
- No. 16 Miami women build early lead in beating Duke 61-53 Feb 7
- No. 3 Notre Dame women beat Duke 68-61 Feb 1