Big first half run keys Duke's rout of ClemsonFeb 14, 2008 - 3:35 AM CLEMSON, South Carolina (Ticker) -- Joy Cheek and Abby Waner each scored 15 points as No. 12 Duke used a huge run to blow past Clemson, 83-54, in an Atlantic Coast Conference matchup on Wednesday.
Chante Black added 14 points and eight rebounds for the Blue Devils (19-6, 8-2 ACC), who were trailing, 12-4, six minutes into the contest.
But Duke went on a 41-5 burst - capped by a three-point play by Carrem Gay - to take a 45-17 bulge with 18:55 left in the game, and the Blue Devils cruised to the finish from there.
Christy Brown had 11 points and seven assists to pace the Tigers (10-15, 3-7), who missed 18 shots in a row at one point during the first half, and shot just 29 percent (20-of-69) for the game.
- NCAA WOMENS BB
FINAL 1ST 2ND TOTAL
--- --- -----
DUKE (12) 40 43 83
CLEMSON 17 37 54 FINAL
Feb 13 9:03 PM
- NCAA WOMENS BB
(12) DUKE 40
CLEMSON 17 HALFTIME
Feb 13 8:02 PM
- Duke: Investigation over, McCallie to remain women's coach May 8
- Duke women's basketball adds transfer from Wagner May 3
- Duke: Human resources reviewing women's basketball program Apr 12
- Stevens, Salvadores leaving Duke women's basketball team Apr 1
- No. 2 Notre Dame women beat Duke 83-54 in ACC quarterfinals Mar 4
- Chidom helps Duke women edge Virginia 57-53 Mar 3
- Wake Forest beats Clemson 73-58 in ACC women's tourney Mar 2
- No. 2 Notre Dame grabs share of ACC title with 71-52 win Feb 25
- Thomas, No. 10 Florida State women beat Duke 69-53 Feb 11
- Thomas, Bingley lead No. 10 Florida State past Clemson Feb 7
- No. 16 Miami women build early lead in beating Duke 61-53 Feb 7
- No. 3 Notre Dame women beat Duke 68-61 Feb 1