Black powers Duke past Virginia TechFeb 23, 2008 - 8:03 AM BLACKSBURG, Virginia (Ticker) -- Chante Black scored 20 points to lead No. 11 Duke to a 72-60 victory over Virginia Tech in an Atlantic Coast Conference game on Friday night.
Carrem Gay had 13 points on 5-of-5 shooting from the field while Keturah Jackson added 12 points for the Blue Devils (20-7, 10-3 ACC), who reached the 20-win plateau for the 11th consecutive season.
Duke claimed a 33-26 advantage on the glass and scored 25 points off of Virginia Tech's 25 turnovers.
The Blue Devils held a slim one-point lead just under five minutes into the contest before going on a 19-5 run over the next 8:31 en route to a 36-20 lead at the half, which they would not relinquish.
Utahya Drye and Lindsay Biggs each scored 14 points for the Hokies (14-13, 1-11), who have lost six of their last seven games.
No one has shouted yet.
Be the first!
Be the first!
- Duke: Investigation over, McCallie to remain women's coach May 8
- Duke women's basketball adds transfer from Wagner May 3
- Duke: Human resources reviewing women's basketball program Apr 12
- Stevens, Salvadores leaving Duke women's basketball team Apr 1
- Virginia Tech hires James Madison's Brooks as women's coach Mar 28
- No. 2 Notre Dame women beat Duke 83-54 in ACC quarterfinals Mar 4
- Chidom helps Duke women edge Virginia 57-53 Mar 3
- BC beats Virginia Tech 49-37 in ACC women's tournament Mar 2
- Hof leads No. 18 Miami women to 67-56 OT win over Va Tech Feb 21
- Thomas, No. 10 Florida State women beat Duke 69-53 Feb 11
- No. 16 Miami women build early lead in beating Duke 61-53 Feb 7
- No. 3 Notre Dame women beat Duke 68-61 Feb 1