Texas A&M rallies past SMU in season openerNov 10, 2007 - 4:42 AM DALLAS (Ticker) -- Takia Sparks scored 17 points and Ashlaa Horton had 10 points and 15 rebounds as No. 11 Texas A&M erased a 10-point halftime deficit to defeat Southern Methodist in the season opener for both teams on Friday.
Delisha Wills scored 17 points and grabbed 10 rebounds for the Mustangs, who led, 36-26, at the break.
But the Aggies went on a 13-2 run to open the second half and Sydney Colson scored seven points during a 9-0 Aggies run that gave Texas A&M the lead for good at 57-51 with under five minutes to play.
SMU hit only 5-of-27 shots in the second half and never got closer than four points during the final four minutes of the game.
- Travis Mays named SMU women's coach after time at Texas Apr 7
- Bulgak's 18 points lead Florida St. to 74-56 win over A&M Mar 21
- Florida St.-Texas A&M Preview Mar 20
- Texas A&M's Howard and FSU's Thomas key in 2nd round matchup Mar 20
- Howard sets NCAA Tournament rebound record in Aggies win Mar 19
- Texas A&M suspends Courtney Williams and Shlonte Allen Mar 19
- Missouri St.-Texas A&M Preview Mar 18
- No. 20 South Florida women eliminate SMU from AAC 73-60 Mar 5
- Tennessee women beat No. 15 A&M 70-60 for 3rd straight win Mar 4
- No. 15 Kentucky women defeat No. 11 Texas A&M 71-58 Feb 28
- No. 11 Texas A&M women win 6th straight, beat Auburn 57-49 Feb 25
- Coach says athlete entitlement a factor in her retirement Feb 25