Walker dominates as Cal women edge Fresno StateNov 11, 2007 - 2:03 AM FRESNO, California (Ticker) -- Ashley Walker scored 31 points and had 23 rebounds to lead No. 14 California to an 83-79 triumph over Fresno State on Saturday in the season opener for both schools.
Walker, who also had four blocks, registered the assist on Alexis Gray-Lawson's 3-pointer, which broke a 79-79 tie with 37 seconds remaining. Walker shot 11-of-20 from the floor and had nine offensive boards.
Gray-Lawson finished with 15 points and Kelsey Adrian chipped in 13 for the Golden Bears (1-0), who shot 45 percent (29-of-65) and overcame 20 turnovers.
Tierre Wilson scored 22 points and Bailey Amundsen added 18 for the Bulldogs (0-1), who shot just 33 percent (12-of-36) after the break. Fresno State led, 42-36, at the half.
- No. 22 Colorado State women win MWC title 55-54 Mar 11
- Canada leads No. 12 UCLA past California 73-67 in OT Mar 6
- California stuns No. 10 Arizona St 75-64 in Pac-12 quarters Mar 4
- California tops Utah in overtime 66-63 to advance in Pac-12 Mar 3
- No. 22 Colorado State women beat Fresno State 68-55 Mar 1
- No. 7 Oregon State women clinch share of Pac-12 title Feb 28
- Hempen leads No. 9 Arizona State women past California Feb 13
- Balance lifts No. 25 Stanford women over California 60-55 Feb 6
- McCall, No. 15 Stanford women pull away; beat Cal 53-46 Feb 3
- Plum leads No. 25 Washington women past Cal 75-65 Jan 31
- Billings leads No. 20 UCLA women past California 75-56 Jan 23
- Hanson leads No. 12 Oregon State women past Cal 70-48 Jan 16