Luna leads Indiana State's upset of VanderbiltNov 15, 2007 - 3:38 AM TERRE HAUTE, Indiana (Ticker) -- Kelsey Luna had 22 points and 10 rebounds to lead Indiana State to a 77-72 overtime victory over No. 17 Vanderbilt on Wednesday night.
It was the first time the Sycamores defeated a Top 25 opponent in school history.
Laura Rudolphi scored 17 points and Maria Olsthoorn added 12 for Indiana State (2-0), which converted 17-of-20 attempts at the free-throw line.
Christina Wirth had 22 points and 10 rebounds for the Lady Commodores (2-1), who lost despite a 44-32 edge on the backboards.
Liz Sherwood added 19 points and Jennifer Risper had 12 and 13 rebounds for Vanderbilt.
- Balcomb steps down as Vanderbilt women's basketball coach Apr 27
- No. 16 Mississippi State women beat Vanderbilt 63-46 Mar 4
- Vandy women rally to beat Georgia 54-49 in OT in SEC tourney Mar 3
- Reed, Vanderbilt women roll to 74-59 victory over Ole Miss Mar 2
- Reed leads Vanderbilt women, upset No. 24 Missouri 56-52 Feb 28
- Vivians scores 21 in No. 16 Mississippi State's 66-61 win Feb 25
- No. 12 Texas A&M women win 20th, beat Vanderbilt 75-63 Feb 21
- No. 22 Florida women beat Vanderbilt 79-67 Feb 18
- Jennings leads No. 18 Kentucky women past Vanderbilt 71-55 Feb 14
- Correction: T25-Tennessee-Vanderbilt story Feb 12
- Reed helps Vanderbilt women slip past No. 12 Kentucky 71-69 Jan 28
- No. 18 Lady Vols end skid with 58-49 victory over Vanderbilt Jan 21