Starks, Gant lead Texas A&M past Florida StateDec 7, 2007 - 5:52 AM COLLEGE STATION, Texas (Ticker) -- Takia Starks scored 12 of her 28 points in the game's first five minutes on Thursday as No. 11 Texas A&M defeated Florida State, 81-67.
Danielle Gant scored 25 points for the Aggies (7-1), who won their fourth straight game.
Starks was 12-of-15 from the field, including 2-of-2 from 3-point range, while Gant was 10-of-16 from the field. A'Quonesia Franklin scored 12 points, all on 3-pointers, for Texas A&M.
Starks scored 19 points in the first half and Gant had 17 as the Aggies took a 50-38 lead.
Shante Williams scored 18 points for Florida State (6-3). Britany Miller had 14 points and five blocked shots and Tanae Davis-Cain scored 13 points for the Seminoles.
For the first time since February 23, 2000, the Seminoles shot 50 percent and lost. Florida State was 25-of-46 for 54.3 percent from the field.
- NCAA WOMENS BB
FINAL 1ST 2ND TOTAL
--- --- -----
FLORIDA ST 38 29 67
TEXAS A&M (11) 50 31 81 FINAL
Dec 6 9:56 PM
- NCAA WOMENS BB
FLORIDA ST 38
(11) TEXAS A&M 50 HALFTIME
Dec 6 8:50 PM
- Illinois center Chatrice White transfers to Florida State May 14
- Baylor women in 3rd straight Elite 8 with 78-58 win over FSU Mar 26
- Florida St.-Baylor Preview Mar 25
- Baylor women in usual place; Seminoles are stepping up Mar 25
- Florida State women look to make good on president's pick Mar 24
- Bulgak's 18 points lead Florida St. to 74-56 win over A&M Mar 21
- Florida St.-Texas A&M Preview Mar 20
- Texas A&M's Howard and FSU's Thomas key in 2nd round matchup Mar 20
- Howard sets NCAA Tournament rebound record in Aggies win Mar 19
- Romero scores 17, leads Florida St past Middle Tennessee St Mar 19
- Texas A&M suspends Courtney Williams and Shlonte Allen Mar 19
- Missouri St.-Texas A&M Preview Mar 18