Fowles carries LSU past Louisiana TechDec 17, 2007 - 12:09 AM RUSTON, Louisiana (Ticker) -- Sylvia Fowles dominated the paint with 16 points, eight rebounds and two blocks as No. 8 Louisiana State rolled to a 76-45 victory over Louisiana Tech on Sunday.
RaShonta LeBlanc, Ashley Thomas and Marian Whitfield all scored 10 points for the Tigers, who shot 50 percent (16-of-32) from the field in the first half en route to a 40-22 advantage at the break.
A 6-5 senior, Fowles moved into fifth place on the all-time rebound list in the Southeastern Conference with 1,296 to pass Tennessee's Chamique Holdsclaw.
LSU (7-2) shot 50 percent (32-of-64) overall and overcame 19 turnovers to push its winning streak to three games.
Tiawana Pringle netted 12 points and Shanavia Dowdell chipped in 10 and 10 boards for Louisiana Tech (4-6), which has dropped four consecutive games.
- NCAA WOMENS BB
FINAL 1ST 2ND TOTAL
--- --- -----
LSU (8) 40 36 76
LOUISIANA TECH 22 23 45 FINAL
Dec 16 4:56 PM
- NCAA WOMENS BB
(8) LSU 40
LOUISIANA TECH 22 HALFTIME
Dec 16 4:00 PM
- Louisiana Tech's Stoehr says program ready to move forward Apr 19
- Louisiana Tech hires Brooke Stoehr to replace Summitt Apr 18
- DeMoss will be interim coach at Louisiana Tech Apr 8
- Tyler Summitt admits inappropriate relationship, resigns Apr 7
- No. 13 Kentucky women eliminate LSU from SEC tourney 79-71 Mar 3
- LSU beats Alabama 58-49 in opener of SEC women's tourney Mar 2
- Mitchell scores 24 in No. 3 South Carolina's 75-39 victory Feb 28
- LSU hands No. 24 Tennessee women 2nd loss in 3 games 57-56 Feb 21
- No. 12 Texas A&M women pull away in 4th, beat LSU 68-54 Feb 18
- Thompson sparks No. 18 Kentucky women to 70-58 win over LSU Feb 7
- Vivians leads No. 11 Mississippi State to 71-52 win over LSU Feb 4
- Cunningham, No. 22 Missouri women beat LSU 52-46 Jan 28