Long layoff does not slow down Packer, Ohio StateDec 17, 2007 - 2:47 AM SEATTLE (Ticker) -- Marscilla Packer had little rust to shake off, scoring 18 points as No. 17 Ohio State posted a 71-54 victory over Washington on Sunday.
Although the Buckeyes (7-2) were playing for the first time since a 69-55 win over Mississippi on December 2, the Buckeyes shot 51 percent (19-of-37) from the field in the first half en route to finishing 31-of-63 (49 percent).
Packer went 7-of-16 from the floor with four 3-pointers as Ohio State won its second straight game following a two-game losing streak.
Jantel Lavender scored 14 points and Star Allen added 10 and 10 rebounds for the Buckeyes, who led, 45-21, at the half.
Katelan Redmon scored 11 points and Jess McCormack added 10 for Washington (4-7), which shot 3-of-14 (21 percent) on 3-pointers.
- NCAA WOMENS BB
FINAL 1ST 2ND TOTAL
--- --- -----
OHIO ST (17) 45 26 71
WASHINGTON 21 33 54 FINAL
Dec 16 9:08 PM
- NCAA WOMENS BB
(17) OHIO ST 45
WASHINGTON 21 HALFTIME
Dec 16 7:43 PM
- Washington coach Mike Neighbors signs contract extension May 13
- Washington women crack under Syracuse pressure, 80-59 Apr 4
- Syracuse women beat Washington 80-59, reach NCAA title game Apr 4
- Washington-Syracuse Preview Apr 2
- Huskies, Orange try to keep changes under wraps for rematch Apr 2
- Washington women beat Stanford 85-76 to reach Final Four Mar 27
- Washington-Stanford Preview Mar 26
- Lexington Regional women's final features Pac-12 showdown Mar 26
- Lady Vols' NCAA run continues with 78-62 win over Buckeyes Mar 26
- Washington women beat Kentucky 85-72 to reach regional final Mar 25
- Tennessee-Ohio St. Preview Mar 24
- Short-handed Ohio St. women without Craft against Lady Vols Mar 24