Packer's 23 points power No. 18 Ohio State past NebraskaDec 22, 2007 - 7:34 PM COLUMBUS, Ohio (Ticker) -- Marscilla Packer scored 23 points to lead No. 18 Ohio State to an 86-74 victory over Nebraska on Saturday.
Freshman Jantel Lavender scored 21 points and added seven rebounds for the Buckeyes (9-2), who have won their last four games.
Danielle Page scored 16 points and Tay Hester and Cory Montgomery each had 14 for the Cornhuskers (9-3), who had a six-game winning streak snapped.
Packer made three 3-pointers in the second half as Ohio State opened up a 37-36 lead at halftime. Packer had one of those long-range shots in the span of five Buckeyes' baskets that extended the lead to 54-49 at the 14-minute mark of the second half.
Ohio State built the lead to 11 points before Nebraska narrowed it to 71-66 with 4 1/2 minutes left on a free throw by Hester, a 3-pointer by Montgomery and two foul shots by Dominique Kelley.
Packer connected on another 3-pointer on the Buckeyes' next possession and the Cornhuskers never threatened again.
- NCAA WOMENS BB
FINAL 1ST 2ND TOTAL
--- --- -----
NEBRASKA 36 38 74
OHIO ST (18) 37 49 86 FINAL
Dec 22 1:44 PM
- NCAA WOMENS BB
(18) OHIO ST 37 HALFTIME
Dec 22 12:45 PM
- New Nebraska women's assistants will be paid $140,000 each Apr 25
- New Nebraska women's coach has fewer perks in contract Apr 19
- Building trust top priority for new Nebraska women's coach Apr 12
- Huskers act quickly to replace Yori, hire SD's Amy Williams Apr 11
- Nebraska's Natalie Romeo: 'Immature' players pushed out Yori Apr 9
- Huskers pay women's coach Connie Yori $1.2 million to leave Apr 7
- Nebraska coach Connie Yori resigns after 14 seasons Apr 5
- Lady Vols' NCAA run continues with 78-62 win over Buckeyes Mar 26
- Tennessee-Ohio St. Preview Mar 24
- Short-handed Ohio St. women without Craft against Lady Vols Mar 24
- Ohio State advances to Sweet 16 with win over West Virginia Mar 20
- West Virginia-Ohio St. Preview Mar 19