Wiggins leads Stanford to ninth straight winDec 31, 2007 - 7:44 AM PALO ALTO, California (Ticker) -- Candice Wiggins was one of four players to score in double figures with 12 points as second-ranked Stanford rolled past Washington, 77-42, in Pac-10 Conference play on Sunday.
A two-time Pac-10 Player of the Year, Wiggins shot just 4-of-12 from the field but grabbed five rebounds and collected two steals as the Cardinal (12-1, 2-0 Pac-10) won their ninth straight game.
Freshman Jeanette Pohlen scored a season-high 20 points and Kayla Pedersen and Jayne Appel had 12 apiece for Stanford, which shot 43 percent (25-of-58) and collected 12 steals.
Kali Bennett had 11 points and 11 rebounds for the Huskies (5-9, 0-2), who shot 22 percent (16-of-74) and committed 23 turnovers.
- Washington coach Mike Neighbors signs contract extension May 13
- Washington women crack under Syracuse pressure, 80-59 Apr 4
- Syracuse women beat Washington 80-59, reach NCAA title game Apr 4
- Washington-Syracuse Preview Apr 2
- Huskies, Orange try to keep changes under wraps for rematch Apr 2
- Washington women beat Stanford 85-76 to reach Final Four Mar 27
- Washington-Stanford Preview Mar 26
- Lexington Regional women's final features Pac-12 showdown Mar 26
- Stanford stuns Notre Dame 90-84 in regional semifinal Mar 26
- Washington women beat Kentucky 85-72 to reach regional final Mar 25
- Stanford-Notre Dame Preview Mar 24
- Notre Dame, Stanford women facing off in Sweet 16 again Mar 24