Lavender scores 14 as No. 20 Ohio State routs MichiganJan 4, 2008 - 2:31 AM COLUMBUS, Ohio (Ticker) -- Jantel Lavender scored 14 points to lead No. 20 Ohio State to a 66-42 victory over Michigan in a Big Ten Conference game on Thursday.
Lavender also had a team-high 12 rebounds for the Buckeyes (10-3, 1-1). Jessica Minnfield led all scorers with 18 points for the Wolverines (8-4, 1-1).
Tamarah Riley had 12 points and 11 rebounds for Ohio State, which led from start to finish. Ashlee Trebilcock scored 13 points, Marscilla Packer added 11 and Shavelle Little had six steals for the Buckeyes.
Ohio State rebounded from Sunday's loss at Michigan State by going on a 16-5 run to open the second half, pushing its lead to 29 points with 11 minutes remaining.
The loss snapped a four-game winning streak for the Wolverines, who shot 14-of-53 (26 percent) from the floor and made 2-of-13 3-point attempts.
- Lady Vols' NCAA run continues with 78-62 win over Buckeyes Mar 26
- Tennessee-Ohio St. Preview Mar 24
- Short-handed Ohio St. women without Craft against Lady Vols Mar 24
- Ohio State advances to Sweet 16 with win over West Virginia Mar 20
- West Virginia-Ohio St. Preview Mar 19
- West Virginia, Ohio State clash in 2nd round of tournament Mar 19
- Ohio State smothers Buffalo to advance in NCAA Tournament Mar 18
- Buffalo-Ohio St. Preview Mar 17
- No. 19 Spartans, special Powers rout No. 9 Buckeyes 82-63 Mar 5
- Mitchell scores 43, No. 9 Ohio State beats Rutgers 73-58 Mar 5
- Iowa women race past Michigan in Big Ten second round Mar 3
- No. 20 Michigan St outlasts No. 5 Ohio St 107-105 in 3 OTs Feb 27